200 gal Lesco sprayer that's ticking me off!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by battags, Apr 25, 2006.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

OK, so I picked up this 200 gal Lesco sprayer with a 5.5 hp Honda for $900 bucks. I got it from a friend of mine who has had it sitting outside for two years. The engine works fine and all is in good order except the seals and pump diaphragms.

I ordered the diaphragm kit from Lesco and set out to replace them. I couldn't figure out how to get the thing apart so I drove 30 minutes to the nearest Lesco with a mechanic. (a topic for another thread, for sure) The 'wrench' tells me how to take it apart and sends me on my way.

I get back to my shop and get the front diaphragm replaced without any problem. I take the cover off the rear side (closest to tank) and can't get the bolt off that holds the diaphragm in place. It turns but its almost like the threads are stripped inside.

Any ideas?

Brian

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

is this a d30 or d50

3. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Which Hypro pump?.

4. battags

No idea.......

I know it is physically larger than what lesco has on their current 100 gallon sprayers. Other than that, I'm not sure. I hope I can find out....

Brian

5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like a D30. The diaphragm is mounted on a retaining bolt. Under the diaphragm is a hole going through the retaining bolt. Stick a drift pin (or a long skinny phillips) through the hole to keep it from rotating while you're turning the nut off. you may have to rotate the pump to get the diaphragm to its "high" position so as to see the hole.

Here is a link to the repair manual that will walk you through the job:

https://www.accuspray.com/TechPages/pdf/AG_1382_0600.pdf

That Lesco mechanic should have told you this (if he even knew).

6. olive123

sounds like a d50. if you peel back the diaphram there inside you have to use a pin to hold from spinning. then you can remove the bolt. If you run a search i think hypro has the schematics on their website youll see what i mean then

7. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Battags,

Your subject matter leads to wonder WTF. You imply the Lesco Sprayer is pissing you off. Seams to me you're under qualified to attempt what your doing. #1, B4 you place blame know your business. You're a piece of work. Your frustration is you have no idea what pump you have. On the Lesco 200 with the 5.5 Honda you probably have a D-30.

Sounds like you're upset with Lesco's mechanic, why? I take it he didn't want too take the time to explain how to do something? Did you offer too compensate him for his time? Taking time away from turning wrenches to provide free advice on repairs that's not what he is paid for. I CAN SEE THE CONVERSATION NOW....

You, Hey mechanic guy bought this sprayer from a buddy (too cheap to spring for a new one) but the pump won't work.

Mechanic. What pump is it?

You, Lesco

Mechanic, NO, what pump do you have?

You, Lesco 200 gallon

Mechanic , OK, what pump is on the rig? D-30 , 403?

You, Don't know....

Mechanic, sounds like a D-30 here's the kit here's how too replace it.

You at home....this is crap..lousy Lesco pump, he should have taken more time too show me how to do this...

The Lesco pump {HYPRO}isn't pissing you off only your own incompetence...place the blame where it belongs not on an inanimate object.

Next time start your post...Need help with sprayer repair, Have no clue?

8. olive123

tremor is right however it is a d50 he is refering to. On the d30 the bolts come right out no problem, the d50 you need the pin because it rotates.

9. battags

Wow, you really must have some pent up hostility that you needed to vent..... I have no idea how you came up with such a dramatic rendition of the situation based on what I wrote. Probably the comment that pissed me off the most was that you believe that I'm placing blame on someone?

First of all, the engine and tank alone are worth over $900, so I'd say I got a good deal. My frustration is NOT with Lesco products or their mechanic, as you seem to have interpreted. My frustration lies in Lesco's decision to pull mechanics out of most of their stores and spread them out over half the state. (this would be the topic for another thread...)

The mechanic was helpful and willing to work on the pump. He did say, however, that he had never taken one apart before, but that he was sure he could figure it out.

If you were kind enough and willing to depart with some of your vast knowledge, as apparently you believe you possess, I may have found a solution to my problem. Fortunately for me, folks like 'tremor' and 'olive' know the true value of LS and respect others in the forum.

Kindly do not 'flame' me or just keep your psychological issues out of your posts on LS.

Battags