200 Gallon sprayers?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bunton Guy, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you get yours and are you happy? I have been staring a lesco model with the 5.5 kawi or the honda. Cant tell if the 3K+ is a good deal for a 200 gallon tank sprayer and a deep root injector.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bunton Guy

I have been eyeballing the Lesco sprayer also. I like the fact you can put it in the back of a pick up and still see out the back window. My Northern 200 gal was $2250 and the blue paint is now rust brown, that what paint is left. I believe the Lesco is power coated.

3. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

Ric

I have a northern 200 gallon and where the reel connects on the frame those welds broke and the reel broke off.
    You ever have that happen to yours ?

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

odin

No I didn't give it a chance to. The day I brought it home I took a Sawzal to the frame.

I know what you are talking about because I have seen every Northern Sprayer do it. Most people use 2 x 4 to brace it.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have had my eye on this unit also. There was a thread on this unit not lang ago (the space saver model) and good things were said. I would like to get enough business this year to justify the cost.

MATT

6. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 of the space savers they're great so far.

I use one for lawns and the other for trees/shrubs.

The hose that came with my units is a little heavy for lawn use but it's holding up to abrasion pretty well.

The only flaws that I found was the drain plug for the oil allows no room to get a pan under it and it runsall over the frame. If you put on a 3 inch extension with a cap it clears the frame and is less messy. The other flaw is the stock mounting of the starter rope. It forcesw you to pull it at an angle and wears out the cord quick. Just un bolt it and turn the whole thing 90 degrees and it works fine.

The side mount really frees up room in the bed, you can put a full size skid in back of it. :)

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

philk17088

can you mount two in a pick up bed ?? Rope and oil drain is the same on most set ups.

8. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Can you afford it? Will it make you a profit? It yes buy it. And yes it's a fine price.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am really considering this unit.....how do you determine if it is profitable? Will it pay for itself in 1 yr....2yr.....3yr...? When you have to turn down business because you don't have one? Just like to know ones' thought on this.

Thanks
    MATT

10. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, if your truck can carry two. they slide right thru the wheel wells. I mounted my tree sprayer on a trailer so I can't speak from experience on a double mount.

The side mounting cuts down on the slosh also.