1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

200 miles and not even a kiss!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jakeboxer, Aug 21, 2002.

1. jakeboxer

jakeboxer LawnSite Member

I drove a little over 200 hundred miles(round trip) today, to buy a trailer. I had called this place at least 4 times to verify prices, options, standard equipment, etc. So when I get there nothing they had been telling me was true, ok maybe they were right, they did have tires on them, and they where black, and thats about it.

Beware of MSI (Mobile Structures) in Elkhart :blob2: :blob2:
  2. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

ohhhh i woulda been one mad puppy and they would have known it cause i would have bit them right in the ***.........now that sux they did ya like that..........and they are operating a business or is this a personal deal?
  3. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 LawnSite Member

How far are you from Fort Madison Iowa? Maybe captdevo could hook you up.
  4. pfm

pfm LawnSite Member

Sorry about your problems jakeboxer, but thanks for the post. You saved me a wasted trip up there.
  5. jakeboxer

jakeboxer LawnSite Member

They are a trailer business, they advertise 19 acres or something like that.

I had my 2 year old son with me, who repeats just about everything he hears, so I pretty sure he picked up some good words today. Haven't heard any yet, maybe saving them for Sunday morning:eek:

Going tomorrow (diffrent dealer of course) to pick up a Texas Bragg that I looked at before, I knew I should have bought it the first time, but I that I would save some $$

Live and learn:dizzy:
  6. I have seen a few trailers he had in stock, very nice and priced low.

New tires and rims, treated wood floors, spare tire. Strong trailers and ramps.
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I came close to this expierence once. Two years ago I bought a used Walker from CaptDevo. I drove 600 miles to get the mower. I pull up and he is awaiting my arrival. I pull up to see the mower out on the lawn, not the right mower and I saw no other mowers around. He is standing there and says "here's your mower you came to see". Needless to say that my jaw dropped, thinking that he had already sold the mower I came to get. He got me confused with another "MATT" who was coming to see the mower he had out on his lawn. So I kind of know what you felt, although I only felt that way for a few seconds, so I feel for ya. I am sure you where upset. Now that I know Dave a little better, he might of done that just to yank my chain...haha....J/K Dave.

8. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

I've bought serveral trailers from that place. What exactly were you looking for? They have several lines of trailers there along with prices that vary. I've always been happy w/ what I've gotten there. Sorry it didn't work out.