200' x 200' lot clearing price - any help?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tjcezar, May 30, 2005.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

I'm looking to bid a job clearing a lot 200' x 200' with easy access . There are 3 large trees that are down already and they just need to be cut and moved to the side of the clearing the rest of the stuff to be cleared is brush, small saplings and trees no larger than 3". I would say the density of the debris to be removed is medium (not real heavy not real light). Also everything is to be chipped and spread out. I was thinking of hiring an excaVATOR with a mini which has a thumb and using my guys for the chipping and cutting. Anyway what kind of prices do people get for clearing lots like this. and how much time would it take. 3 guys + excavator = 4 man total

2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

find my thread about a "forrest cutting estimate" that i started a few months ago.

i did not do it, the guy never called back. but i would have never done it myself....i had 4 quotes lined up. with NO root raking it would have been between $5K to $10K.

subcontract it.