1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F250 For Sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by theguynextdoor, Feb 25, 2010.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a black 2000 F250 with 145,000 miles. The truck needs a new transmission. I have found used transmissions on ebay for around 500 dollars. I don't have the money to fix the truck since I just spent a small fortune on my new Dodge motor. The truck is in decent shape except for the bed. The tailgate and and passenger side of the bed has a large dent. Someone hit me in a parking lot, but no idea who or what happened. The motor runs strong and just had a tune up with all new coils, spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, fuel filter. The cab is in pretty good shape. The only rust is a little surface rust on the bottom of doors, but the rest (hood, front fenders) are in good shape. The truck is set up with a 7.6ft western unimount plow right now with I would sell with or without the truck. The truck also needs new ujoints up front I believe. It is structually solid and hasn't let me down until this point. The brakes are all good, alternator and battery were replaced a couple months ago.

This thing has saved my @$$ over and over again when the other truck was down but I just don't have the money to get it going again and could use some extra money.

Asking $3000 for the truck as is plus $1700 for the plow. The truck has brand new tires which I will keep unless I get a good deal selling it. I would throw the old tires on it which still have tread. Let me know if you have questions. I will take some new pictures in the next day or 2, but here are pics from the fall.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=264506

2. theguynextdoor

Bump.......

3. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

does the truck drive or is the trans totally shot.

4. theguynextdoor

Does not drive. It runs just fine, you just can't move it without pushing or towing it.

5. theguynextdoor

SOLD....Will be putting a 7'6'' unimount with wiring/mount up for sale soon.