2000 flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Expert Lawns, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I paid $72 for 2000 flyers at Office Depot. Kinkos was almost double that.

Good deal?

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

We had 5000 printed at Kinko's for $199.00. Must be a regional thing with the pricing.

3. kdmaint

kdmaint LawnSite Member

That seems a Little pricey guys try any small print shops also do any schools have print shops around you local H.S does mine and I buy the paper first find it on sale school did 30000 paid school for ink 50.00 works out well just an idea.

4. Expert Lawns

kdmaint, that is amazing. why did they do that for you? some sort of school project?

5. kdmaint

kdmaint LawnSite Member

Local schools have printing programs 2yr class like vocational class give it a shoot let me know

6. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

We had ours done at a local print shop for our former landscape co. If i remember correctly it was around 250 for 10,000. Kinkos was a ton more than that I am not sure the exact amout but it was around more than duble. Local print shops are the way to go. We had our flyer on disk so they could just print them off straight off there computers. This way it is not a copy of a copy! Clearity on the fleyers was greatly improved from making copys of printed flyers. Just my 2 cents

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

all of these ideas are great. About printing off a desk is a good idea. That is one thing that I have always wondered about with doing copies off from just one original print.

8. Expert Lawns

my price was $.035 per flyer, per hard copy. I had 2 hard copies. i'm gonna check out the local print shops and see what they say. thanks for the input guys

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

kinkos is a rip off in our area as well. but we just paid $550 for 4000, 4 color one sided fliers with the glossy paper....

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

actually, that seems like a great deal here. The paper alone here would be $150 to $200