$2000 for a JD rear bagger system???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by instyle, Jan 16, 2006.

1. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I have been quoted this for a bagger for my JD 717a. This is CDN. Are there any universal kits out there? or a cheaper option?
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know but hopefully someone could recommend a clam shell style bagger as well?
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

JD is coming out with a clam shell bagger sometime this spring, at least thats what I hear. I don't know about cheaper but you can try one of these companies.

Peco Vac
    Blue Bird
    Trac Vac
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you have some pics of this bagging system?
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We bought a Hasty Vac last Fall for one of our Z's. Great unit, holds like 11 bushels, has a 5.5 Intek pony motor on the side to help throw the leaves up into the clamshell. Think it was like 2300 or so, maybe a little more.
  6. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I believe you can goto the JD website to view them, I am getting the three bag, mounted to mine, even though it only gets offered with a two bag. They are going to make it work.
  7. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

The BAC-VAC for my Hustler was about 2200.
  8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just buy the John Deere collection system....you will not be sorry. I have a coupole of the systems for my Deere's and they are worth every penny.payup
  9. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Try another Dealer. The 3 bag system for my 727A is only $1200.00 and this is still too much.