2000 walker 26 efi died today what to check now?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TurfWarrior, Nov 13, 2012.

1. TurfWarrior

TurfWarrior LawnSite Member
    from nj

this is a 2000 26efi walker ghs. for quite some time now at med to high engine speed its had a slight popping to it . its not 100% smooth so i dont know what that is and maybe related to this new problem. well it died on the lawn not suddenly but spuddered out . kinda like it was getting straved of fuel. so the oil is regularly change. the fuel filter and plugs were recently . i checked for fuel and that seems to be good but did not check for spark yet it just cranks now with no kick over. if it has spark then whats next?

2. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

when mine did that I changed a relay by the front hydro under the seat...they had a problem with those

3. TurfWarrior

from nj

whats the relay do?

4. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

when it cut out completely it would shut off, when the contacts in the relay were making some contact it would act as though it were running out of fuel , sputter , start then quit on and off. I could hear the problem in the relay as I cycled the key switch.

5. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

sounds electrical.

although im no expert. mine had symptoms similar to those. replaced a coil and regulator and a component behind flywheel.

I had the dealer diagnos the problem. i pulled engine they did the repair then i installed it again. only cost me four hundred bucks.

6. TurfWarrior

from nj

it was the internal fuel line fixed now

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I was going to have you check the fuel pressure but you figured that out for yourself. Good. :)