1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2001-2005 Dodge 2500 diesel trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lyube, May 26, 2009.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Like I said the truck has 230,000 kilometers (143,000 miles) my brother is the second owner. Truck belonged to a old guy bought it brandnew my brother bought it 4 years ago and has put about 100,000kms (62,000 miles) on it.

Right now my brother can't put a load on it and rev past 2000 rpm it bogs out and gets air in the fuel system then stalls. Put 2500-3000lbs in the box of the truck and it barely climbs hills at 40km/h (25 mph). Transmission is shifting up down it constantly trying to maintain any speed. So he knows its transmission time. The injection pump needs replacing aswell.

The thing that has saved the truck was it never spent any time in road salt for 80% of its life most trucks in that year are rusted out.

As I said once the transmission craps out in the Dodge my brother will put his spare truck back on the road which is a Ford with a 7.3 Powerstroke.
  2. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Really? Come on dude.