2002 2500 Chevrolet hd LS??????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mike Blevins, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Looked at a 2002 Chevrolet 2500 HD today.
    _ Extended Cab
    _ 4x4
    _Power windows,locks,seats.
    _ CD & Cassete
    _New Tires
    _Local Trade
    _Premium wheels
    _LS package
    _6.0 Litre
    _ 50,000 miles
    _ truck is a 10 out of 10 I mean its in A1 shape.
    _ talked to previous owner and it never towed anything he traded it for a Honda Odyssey.
    _ WHAT IS THIS TRUCK WORTH????? :confused:

2. FiveOJoe

FiveOJoe LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Perfect...about $14000. Take off any needed items from there. I assume it was an auto trans.

3. Mike Blevins

Yes its an auto. Thats:hammerhead: what I was thnking around 14 or 15 but they are wanting 18500. I like this truck but I told them i just can't pay that.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

www.kbb.com

I bought this the last week of October 2005 for a little comparison:

'02 Chevy 2500HD
    6.0L
    4.10 rear
    ext cab
    long bed
    4x4
    38/39,000 miles
    .......work truck, hand crank windows, vinyl floor and seats

$16,500.....nothing short of perfect condition

5. FiveOJoe

FiveOJoe LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Is it a Dealer??

6. Mike Blevins

Yes it's at a dealer.

7. bobcat81

bobcat81 LawnSite Member

I paid 18500 for mine about 2 months ago. It had 73000 miles with everything that you are looking at. I hate the gas mileage but love the truck.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Think about it.... Say you pay 18k for for this truck.... you could buy a BRAND new 2500HD work truck (instead of LS) 4x4 with a PLOW for around $25000 with tax and plates. Atleast thats what I did. I sold my 01 for 16k and got a brand new truck and plow for under 10k more.

IMO if your going to spend that much, you mine as well spend the extra 10k extra and get a new one with a warranty. But thats just my oppinion.

9. Mike Blevins

Still looking at this truck and a few more. I think i will wait for a while longer and see how the mowing season goes before I buy a truck. If an awsome deal on one comes by then I might jump on it but its not going to happen on a dealer lot.

10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You should really look into buying a new "work truck" package. Some of the deals on ebay are insane. Where else can you buy a 2008 for 25k. Here's a link to an ebay auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-C...ryZ90969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Your talking 0 miles, 0 problems, full warrenty, Brand new. What more can you ask for? If i needed a work truck, i would jump on that deal in a minute. They list it for 25,870 but i'm sure you can get them down to 24k. Maybe it's just who you ask, but for a few grand more, i would go with the new and not have to worry about any headache's