2002 32" Metro--ECS

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by joed, Dec 18, 2001.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark,
    I just recently received your 2002 brochure and I was surprised to see that the 32" Metro belt drive walk-behind has only pistol grips. I had presumed that an ECS system was available for all walk-behinds. What is the truth? Also, if at some point in the future, I wanted to upgrade to a larger deck like a 36", could I do it with 32" metro?
    Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

joed,

Thanks for the question, I'm sure there are other people thinking the same thing. Here's what I have.

The 32" Metro has always been a base and price sensitive unit. The market doesn't let us do to many changes to this unit if it effects the cost. That's why we left pistol grip handles on this unit.

All of our walk-behind models (except 32" Metro) do have ECS and some still have pistol grip. The full size TT will be all ECS handles. The one thing you should note is that we only made retrofit kits for TTHP and Metro.

Your question on upgrading a 32" to a 36". You could, I guess it would depend on how much you like turning wrenches. Not only is the deck wider on the machine so is the axle. The only part that would stay the same is the from engine deck up!

I never say never, everything depends on how far a person is will to go! Hope I helped.

Thanks, Fred.