2002 Ford Ranger EDGE 38k, V6, 5-speed

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by VAMower, Mar 1, 2010.

1. VAMower

VAMower LawnSite Member
    from VA

I'm selling my Ranger because we hardly use it anymore and I just lost the garage it was stored in. We used this vehicle from the time it was new for fertilizing, leaf clean-up, estimates and small projects. It has a tow hitch, for about 5 days a year we used it to tow around a 36" aerator.

The truck has a gray vinyl interior, AC, CD player, Two-wheel Drive and roll up windows. It gets very good gas mileage and has been well maintained. It also has a current VA inspection. There is a ding by the drivers side rear tire.

I have the title in hand as well as lots of service records. It has two new tires and a new battery.

This is a nice truck with low mileage that has been taken care. I'm asking $7000 due to the low mileage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

3. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

You can't go by blue book all the time. Look at ebay in the completed listings. That will give you a more accurate idea if what the truck is worth.

Looks like a good truck for the money.

4. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

Pat'sPerfectLawnService LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, i have been looking for a ranger for myself and this is a good deal, and the price of the one in your link is not a edge. edges are 4 wheel drive so that puts the price up. and i have seen many rangers for sale and if there is a ranger under 100,000 miles they are going to price it high. Like i have seen 1998 or 1999 with 90 some odd thousand miles on it and they want about 5 thousand. not only rangers but any other truck for sale will be priced high if under the 100,000 mark. i would say this veichal should be sold at around 6700 but that's very low for how many miles on it.

5. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

my bad i didnt look at it to closely it is only 2 wheel drive but still that is a good price

6. THEGOLDPRO

WRONG!!!!! you can buy an edge in 2wd, same as the tremmer, his is a 2wd edge, base modle basically no power options. and if you look at the description in the link i posted it specifies i added the edge package.

7. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm gonna do this as politely and constructively as possible but my truck isnt even quite worth $7k being 1 year older but a 3/4 ton. Looks like a mint truck but it'd have to be gold plated or come with a bag of cash in that toolbox to get $7k. Who knows, doesnt hurt to put it at the price you have it though, maybe you'll get someone to pay that!

8. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

well I'm just saying what i see near me. let me know when you see an edge with that low mileage for 4 and half thousand :).

9. THEGOLDPRO

10. VAMower

VAMower LawnSite Member
    from VA

If find a few things intersting in your post.

First of all I find it intersting that you are even posting on this thread and your not interested in the vehicle. Thanks for the bump.

Secondly, you do a search on cars.com and list the maxim price of $5000 just to prove some kind of point. Congrats, you found a vehicle 1679 miles from you. If you had not put a maximum on the price you would have found two more that are right in the price range I am asking.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...e&systime=&sownerid=1149982&rdm=1267488817692