1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2002 lawnboy smoking

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TOBEE1, May 31, 2008.

1. TOBEE1

TOBEE1 LawnSite Member

I have a 2002 lawnboy 6.5 hp model 10424. It smokes not real bad but I would still like to get it back to normal. I tried cleaning the carb out but now i have smoke and it wants to idle at jet speeds. I not sure if I put the assembly back correctly. I sure would like some help if anyone would be willing.
  2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

02 lawn boys are gona smoke! well if you put the right gas in them that is they are 2 stroke engines. now as far as the carb? who could say we need some pics
  3. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

run opti oil at 50:1 in it and it shouldnt smoke to much at all. thats what i run in mine
  4. TOBEE1

TOBEE1 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help. I'll try the oil\gas ratio. I still have abit of an issue with the way the governor is set. I have it a low idle when the throttle is up in 'fast', it runs pretty good and it's quit. I'll probably keep playing with it untill i get it right where i want it, whatever that is. Again, I thank you for your help.