2003 Chevrolet W4500 Landscape Truck - $7000- Charlotte NC

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by stephen424, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

I am selling my 2003 Chevy w4500 landscape truck (same as an Isuzu NPR or NQR). Its has a v8, 6.0 liter gas engine. Currently has 107,500 miles. I still use the truck daily so the mileage will increase. It has a 12 foot open landscape body with a 4 foot dovetail. The body has spring assisted split gates/ramps. One side of the body folds down (helps with mulch jobs). It has a lockable storage shelf.

I bought the truck at the beginning of the year from a local fence company. It had a stake body on it and I purchased the landscape body and had it put on. When I bought it, I changed all fluids, had it inspected, put new tires on, new front brakes, new spot mirrors, a new windshield and rear mud flaps.

The trucks needs new front rotors. When you stop hard, the truck will jump jump jump. I should have done that when I put the brakes on but you know how it is sometimes.

Truck has working air conditioning and heat. Has working lights, windshield wipers and a working radio/CD player. Seats are decent.

I need to replace the passenger side mirror because I knocked it off on a tree. I have been waiting on mecklenburg county to reimburse me for that but I will fix that before selling.

The bad: passenger side door has a dent in it. I bought the truck this way with no intentions of fixing (since its just a work truck).

The bad: there's a wiring issue of some sort going on that will cause the check engine light to come on at any random time and the truck looses function at the gas pedal. I took it to W&M truck clinic and they said it gave the code p1518. So we replaced the o2 sensors, sparks plugs and wires and put a new throttle body assembly on ($800 worth of work- I have receipts). Three weeks later the same thing happened. The check engine light came on and the engine derates, meaning you loose gas pedal function. This time I had it towed to Steele creek tire and auto. Same code, p1518. So they looked up service bulletins and found a common error with the ground wire (code g103). They reattached my ground wire and the code went away. I thought the issue was fixed. Well a month later, same thing...check engine light, truck becomes undriveable for a couple hours. Side note: turning the truck on and off about 6 times usually clears the code.

I called rush trucks and they said its probably the wiring harness. However I'm done with the truck. I financed a new one today and am putting this one up for sale.

You can get rotors from napa for about $140 each. Not sure how much the wiring harness is but I heard they are expensive. I am selling the truck "as is" with this known issue.

I WILL PAY FOR THE DIAGNOSTIC for whomever buys the truck (usually around $125) but the repair cost will be on the new owner.

CLEAN TITLE IN HAND

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I am interested at 5k cash.

3. stephen424

no thanks.....

4. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you might consider fixing the truck before asking top dollar.

5. stephen424

Ok
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. stephen424

I'm open to discussing serious fair offers
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. stephen424

7k 7k 7k 7k

8. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

Wow. Lots of detailed pictures.

9. truenorthlandscaping

truenorthlandscaping LawnSite Member

You've got it priced right. These trucks are great, we have 2. Sounds & looks like you're being forthright w/all that's needed for repairs. Good luck w/the sale, someone will get a very fair deal.

10. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

wish I needed one right now, thats some great pics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.