2003 Dodge Ram 4X4 Hemi

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by summitgroundskeeping, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Yadeee yadee yahhh! You guys in your stupid brand wars. Get over it. Mines better, no mines better. :rolleyes:

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

FORD RULES :drinkup: plain and simple, end of arguement. No further discussion needed.

I mean to me it is as plain as the nose on my face.

3. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly! Its that simple. FORD RULES. Now once everyone comes to this perfectly logical conclusion, there will be peace on Earth. :D

:cool:

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Swampbeats,and Brickman are :dizzy: . :D :D

5. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I am. but not as :dizzy: :dizzy: as you! :D :D

:cool:

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

:D :D :D

7. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Dodge makes it , and Cummins shakes it..;)

Cummins Rules.
    :angel:

8. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't bother to read all the way through this, but I believe this is the thread where someone asked to see the photo of the connecting rods from the GM, Ford, and Cummins diesel engines. Well, here it is. It should be noted that the GM is the 6.2/6.5 not the new Duramax.
    Connecting Rods

Randy

9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, Randy. :cool:

Thats the picture I saw a while back.
    :D

10. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Again, I don't know that it matters, as I've never heard of a Powerstroke, or GM diesel for that matter, breaking a connecting rod, but I think it's a good example of how over-built the Cummins is. That is probably because the engine is designed as an industrial and medium-duty truck engine that they shoe-horned into a pickup. As opposed to the Powerstroke and GM diesels that were designed for pickups. It's also interesting to note that the bearing caps are offset in the Cummins connecting rod.
    Just a little bit of bragging rights for Cummins owners I guess - Mine's bigger...

Randy