1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2003 Gravely W/B with Velky 269 hrs opinions on price?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by customcurbdesigns, Feb 2, 2008.

1. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

I found a 2003 Gravely 36 inch w/b with velky, 269 hrs, guy wants 1250.00

Is this a good price? Good mower? Thanks

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Pictures would help, but so long everything works I'd say it's about right, if you have the cash I'd walk out there with an offer of 1100 and I mean you best have those 11 $100 bills flashing in his face he might go for it.
  3. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

I paid a little more than that for my gravely wb. The 36 is a great model! I had to buy my own velky. I also agree with topsites that 1100 in cash will probably work.

Good luck!
  4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Just remember belt drives with velkies can = tranny problems from shifting on the fly.
    I would run it through all five gears, check the drives coming out of the tranny for oscillation. Also check the pulleys on the wheels for being out of true or belt edges.
    If none of these problems exist, I'd offer $900 cash but have a few more franklins if you really want the machine.