2003 Halmark 22ft

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Emerald, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Emerald

Emerald LawnSite Member

Just look at a 22ft enclosed Hallmark with ramp door the rims wear
    5 hollers what lb axial is that ? they asked $5300 for it is that a good price.

Thanks
    Emerald

Exmark ALL THE WAY !!!!!

2. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 22' Haulmark that is two years old, I believe...its 2500lbs axels. (it actually is not mine, I am just keeping it here till spring when I will sell it for the guy). He paid $4300.00 for it new.

3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow 22'. Why would you want a trailer that size?

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a new 2002 24' enclosed Haulmark about a month ago. My axles are rated at 3500lbs. each. The trailer itself weighs about 3500 lbs. so I can legally put 3500lbs of weight in it. Just enough for my 2 ZTR's, 2 WB's, gas, and all the other stuff. If I pick up fert. then it goes in the back of the truck. I paid $5650 for mine. I don't think you can go wrong with the trailer you are looking at.

The axles are either rated at 3500 or 5000 each. The ID plate on the side will tell you. Pick up a brochure from a local dealer and they will tell you all the specs.

5. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

that trailer is going to weigh about 3400 pounds empty. I would guess it has 2 3500 axels. I would see how much it would cost to have 5-6000 axels. kane

6. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 2003 18' Wells Cargo and upgraded the axles to 5000 pounds each. When buying new the cost is pretty cheap. I think it cost $300 cdn for the upgrade.

Scott

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

What width are those trailers? I am looking for a new enclosed, but I want it to be 8' wide. This way I can fit two WB's side by side. Looking at the prices above I may be going out of state to purchase. A 8' x 18' here would run me about $4900. and change. Thats without the light kit or stone guard.

8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

paponte- mine is 8ft exactly interior width. 6ft 10" between the wheel wells. Sure is great for fitting lots of equipment in there but it sure does suck driving on tight and twisty roads.

9. MacKenzie

MacKenzie LawnSite Member

I paid $5100 for a 8' x 18' Continental Cargo, 3500lb axles with payload of 4,400 lbs. I got the smooth side without rivets because I thought it looks nicer and will be putting my logo on the side. I shopped around up here and that was about the best I could do.

That price seems good for a 22' but I would have to know the axle capacity and payload. I don't know trailers well so I'm not sure where Haulmark, or Continental Cargo for that matter, rate on the quality chart.

10. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

Has anyone looked at a hercules enclosed trailer?