2003 models???

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bjw, Sep 21, 2002.

1. bjw

bjw LawnSite Member
    from Florida

When will the 2003 units be announced? I understand you will be offering some additional engine options. I have demoed your Z and Super Z and feel it will be my next purchase. However, I have had less than good experiences with the Kow. engines, not interested in Honda but would probably buy with the Kohler in a heartbeat.

2. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

I've heard rumors of a Kohler engine on the Z. Nothing definite. There will be a 27-hp water cooled Kawasaki this Spring for sure.

3. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

Is the 27hp Kawi Super Z a definite for the spring or not? My dealer said he has not heard anything about it. I want to buy one, but I am waiting for the liquid coooled. Thank you.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

5. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Will there be new engine options on the walkbehinds for 2003? I was looking at the 54" and was dissapointed to see the largest engine available was 17HP. More would be great. Thanks for reply.

6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Forget the rumors, I need to know if the kohler's will be availible in the spring. I had planned on buying a couple more super z's in the spring (before April) and I am only interested in the kohler motor. I think that the super z is the best mower availible but the kawasaki is just to sensitive (dust). I will be forced to buy something else this spring if I don't get a definite answer to when the kohlers will be availible. If you need a super z for testing with the kohler engine I would be happy to do it for you, you supply the engine and I will do the rest.

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

With the upgrades I've done to my Hustler 54 WB, including a 23 kaw and new larger drive tires, the 54 "would" be the best by far WB on the market. So, the best WB is availble, but will Hustler offer it?????
    Pete

8. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

I just got the scoop: Kohler engines will be available on the Hustler Z in March. More info to follow.

9. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the update.

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Just wondering, the original question was asking about the WB's and not the Riders. Any reason why you haven't offered any info on " THEIR" motor/tire updates, but only the riders????
    Thanks,
    Pete