2003 used Commercial Country Clipper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big Bad Bob, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

60" deck-22 HP Kohler Command Pro-Commercial Clipper-332 hours-$5000.00
    Aside from price, (Is it a reasonable price?) the dealer said he just redid the heads because it wasn't running right. My worry is, 332 hours and it needed a head job? Is this because it was used so little and probably sat in a machine shed all those winters without being started?
    It ran good when I tried it. Feels like a real cruiser. I actually liked the joystick. Very smooth and responsive.

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

What model is the mower? You can get the entry level commercial 60" clipper with a 23hp kohler on it for $5999 brand new! So you really need to now which version it is!

3. Big Bad Bob

from zone 5

It is a 2003 model 2203M.

862226-070727100637.jpg

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Dont do it

5. Big Bad Bob

from zone 5

Thank you for your well thought out and well phrased comment. Could you dumb it down just a little so I can understand your reasoning?

6. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say that is high on it! That is one of the units they use to build for snapper back in the 90's.

7. Big Bad Bob

from zone 5

That's what I figured. I was thinking of offering $4200.00 and see where that goes.
    I also came across a 2001 61" Chariot from a private party with 300 hours for $3400.00. Talked to the dealer who sold and serviced it, (haven't seen the machine yet. Maybe tomorrow if it ever stops raining.), who said the machine is immaculate and was serviced by him on a regular basis. He also said he can get parts for it and that he even had belts and such on hand. I guess the current owner had belts replaced every year whether it needed them or not. Weird.
    I gotta see this one.
    Also had a dealer ask, if I am willing to spend up to $5000 on a used mower that he can put me in the seat of a brand new Scag for a little over $6000.00. I told him I simply don't have more that $5000 and wanted to keep my debt down. Still have to get an transmission leak on the truck fixed, get a good backpack and a good commercial push. Plus an ad campaign I am launching isn't cheap either.

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That is/was a Snapper machine. That company used to have a contract to build ZTR's for Snapper. The joystick is not a favorite with very many people, and I believe the joystick control had some maintenance problems. I would not buy that mower. If you really want it, do not give over $3500.00 for it, preferably less, like $2500.00.