1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2004 Chevy 3500, should I buy it or not?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by John_Deere Nut, Aug 22, 2006.

1. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I recently came across a 2004 Chevy 3500 crew cab 4x4. It has the durmax diesel engine and highest trim level possible that u could get in a truck. The inside is in really good shape. It has 83,000 miles on it and the dealer wants 24,400 for it. What do you'll think of it? I am really tempted to buy it, but the high mileage and possiblity of something going wrong with the truck is making me hesitant.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a lot of mileage on that truck so soon. Whats it KBB for? SRW or Dually?
    LB7 or LLY? Ask the dealer for a service printout to see whats been done to it.
  3. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

The truck is a dually and has the LLY. When I test drove it, it did great and had no problem getting up and going. Inside of the truck u could just barely hear the engine.
  4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

24k miles since 2004 is not that bad. It could have been purchased almost three years ago. I would go for it if it checks out.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

It's 83K miles. 24K is the price!