2004 Deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by turfcare, Oct 6, 2003.

1. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Can you tell me what are the differences between the 60" 2004 Exmark decks and the 60" 2004 Toro decks? I have heard they are VERY simular. Thanks!

2. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

My 2004 60" deck is Identical to my 2003 60" deck. Toro has a entirely deferent deck with a adjustable baffle.

3. turfcare

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere (I thought it was on lawnsite) that the 2004 Exmark deck was going to have an adjustable baffle also. I am trying to decide on the two.

4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the EXMARK! I am so very please with me to the point that I have bought 3 in the last 12 months. Manufacture support is 2cond to none, and besides where can you go to get this kind of access to Toro reps? By the way I had a 2003 Toro........traded it in on a Exmark......

5. turfcare

I am waiting from the reply on the Exmark Rep.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Turfcare,

Sorry for the delay. I responded yesterday but evidently didn't hit the go button.

Here's the scoop. The two decks are both red and that is about where the similarity ends. The Exmark Flow Control Baffle will remain as it has been for the past few years. The Toro baffle is adjustable while I know how it is adjusted I'm not so sure I fully appreciate the purpose.

There are several baffles on the market however I am not aware of any that perform at the level of the Flow Control Baffle in such a wide variety of conditions. The Flow Control Baffle was developed to reduce blow out, increase lift, reduce clipping length, improve discharge capacity, improve discharge quality, reduce horsepower requirements, increase cutting speeds, improve debris dispersal and improve the quality of cut. There are other baffles and deck designs on the market that improve a few of these over a standard "open" deck but I am not aware of any others that help in so many areas of deck performance.

Thanks

Terry

7. turfcare

Thanks for the replys.

8. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Terry,

Speaking of baffles...... Is exmark planning on or even thinking about Improving the versatility on the Micro Mulch Systems? I think that the cut is second to none (and so do my customers). But I find myself, as my business grows, needing a more versitile machine meeting different types of demands. I need the capabilities of switching from mulch to side discharge quickly.

I sometimes have a few customers that I would rather side discharge on and some not. All my Zoyzia yards need the mulch kit. Some of my bermuda yards dont.

I have done the swap from mulching to side discharge and back all summer on 1 machine. To tell you the truth I just bit the bullet from July on and left it on and double cut more than usual. I need something that is quicker to switch or a happy medium.

Thanks

9. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Deason,

Thanks for the input. Generally most operators will discharge in the spring for the first several cuts and then put the mulch kit on and run it. I'll admit that it's tough to remove in the field.

Thanks for the input. I'll pass it along to the engineers.

Thanks

Terry

10. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Ive been switching back and forth from mulching to bagging, and side discharging. And it gets old real fast!!
    Ive been thinking of a way to take the stock mulching baffles and making them quick release. Maybe with the knobs like on the belt cover, are something like that, With all the bolts are knobs, on the outside of the deck. With the nuts welded to the baffles, and only open on the end that the bolt goes in ,to decrease rust. Also they need a few metal tabs under the deck so when you put the baffle under the deck it lines up fast.
    This will give something to do this winter :)