2004 Exmark 40 hp?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, May 31, 2003.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at the local dealer- 45 mins away 1 way and he said that exmark was coming out with a 40 hp + mower with in the next year. Anyone else hear about this?
    I'm looking for a price for a 60'' lazer hp with the 26 efi for $10,500. Is this good or bad? I think it is probably high.
    Thanks Joel

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I wouldn't necessarily believe the dealer about the 40 hp mower. My local Grasshopper rep told me 2 years ago that Grasshopper was coming out with a 38hp Kubota diesel. I still don't see it.

3. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Have not heard anything about a 40 horse unit, but I did hear that they're dropping the Kawasaki engines and going to Honda power for the new eXmark walk behinds. Anyone else hear this? :confused:

4. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Paid 8,600 here. There great I have 2 of them.

5. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

for a lazer with 26 efi 10500 is a little steep at least around here it would be.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't heard anything about the 40hp deal, or the Honda deal.

Do know one thing though!...... WE here on LAWNSITE find out info way, WAY before any dealer ever would. I still amaze my dealer when I tell him things and mention something that Dustin, Terry, or Fred speak about on the eXmark fourm.........Which leads me to the fact that this should be posted over there! Try to call their bluff! See if they leak any info!

I'm looking for a price for a 60'' lazer hp with the 26 efi for $10,500. Is this good or bad? I think it is probably high.

Well there is no such thing as what you are asking about. If its a EPS Lazer (not an HP), then yes that is a high price. Looks more like list price to me.

Good Luck.

7. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Good point, TLS. This should be posted over there and maybe I'll come right out and ask about the Honda power.

8. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I hope they don't go with Hondas ! I like the small Hondas but the larger seem to have more problems ! I have 5 Honda Small engines and I don't want any larger than the 11 HP

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you need 40 hp for unless you are using a 72" - 80" deck??? Ridiculous:angry: and a big friggin waste of money.

10. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer said it would be for a z. I wouldn't need that much power YET:D He said that is why they went with the dual drive belts -" 2 -1/2 inch belts can handle the power were as the single belt cant"
    I was wrong about the Lazer it was the esp with the 26 efi for $9,700. Sorry I was thinking about the other Lazers. Are the efi engines worth the extra money, and do they save that much gas over the carb'd engines? Thanks Joel.