2004 Exmark Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kenny6425, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kenny6425

kenny6425 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Hello all. I have a few questions for the experts. I am looking at (2) Lazer Z demo units locally here in Maine. They are 2004 with under 15 hours on each. One has a 60" deck and the other has a 48" deck. I have the engine sizes somewhere but can't seem to find them to list on here right now. The dealer is the best guy you could ever meet and I really want to give him my business. He is asking 16,000 for the pair. Is that a good price or should I try to dicker? He has been sitting on these for (2) years. I am also frustrated with Exmark. They turned me down for financing, my business credit is immaculate but personal credit stinks due to a divorce. I got the financing somewhere else and will buy there products because in my opinion they are the best for my needs, but I will never try to get approved through them again! They could probably give two craps about a pee on like myself, but we are growing each year and would like to trade every 2 or 3 years for new. The dealer I am dealing with felt so bad when I was declined that he could not stop apologizing and hoped this wouldn't deter our business dealings. I told him that a good dealer is damn hard to come by and it was nothing he had done. Anyway, please lend this new fella some of your Exmark wisdom. Thank you and God Bless this Country!

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

$16,000 is not much of a deal considering thats about what they cost new.
    I paid $8200 for my 04' Lazer 60/23.

He needs to be talking Like $13-$14 for it to be a REAL "DEAL"

3. kenny6425

from Maine

The 48" has a 20 hp Kohler and the 60" has a 27 hp Kohler. Thank you.

4. kenny6425

from Maine

Thank you Jpocket. With those engines should I still dicker? How about 15,000? Let me know, I may purchase within the next week.

5. Jpocket

Na...Tell him $14,000 it's not like the machines just came out of the crate. You said they have like 15 hours on them right? Technically they are 2 years old, don;t have the latest deck design, and they have 15 hours of run time.

I wouldn't pay more than $14,000 for them no way.

And if you are financing, your better off just buying brand new.

6. kenny6425

from Maine

Thanks you tremendously Jpocket. I appreciate the help.

7. Jpocket

No problem, I do know that the 06' stuff runs about $900 more than the 04' stuff.