Lawn Care Forum banner

2004 Exmark Turf Tracer HP owners

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MTR 
#1 ·
After narrowing it down between Lesco and Exmark, I finally chose one to buy. Just bought a 2004 demo model from a dealer. 48", 17hp, electric start. Not sure how a 2004 demo made it through to the end of the 2005 season. The dealer himself seemed surprised to find out it was a 2004, as he was originally claiming that it was a 2005. I wasnt sure how much I should trust him on the hours the mower was used. He said that the mower couldnt have more than 100 hours on it at most. Just by looking at the mower, that seemed like a reasonable estimate. Tomorrow i go out and mow with it for the first time. I was curious to know from the other owners of this same model of mower if there are any problems I should expect out of this mower? I guess my biggest fear is if it gives a crummy cut in wet grass or doesnt disperse cut grass very well. Any lovers of this year and model of mower?

#3 ·
I have a 04 TTHP 17/52. I had a problem with breaking hydro tension springs but the dealer fixed it in an hour or so. There is a TSB about the hydro pulleys being out of round or balance. Other than that I have no complaints about the mower. It has a beautiful cut. Don't worry about the gas dispersal. You'll be surprised how far those blades can throw.

#4 ·
Thanks guys. After the first couple of days of cutting, i am in heaven. Compared to my wb Deere which was belt drive, this new mower is a dream come true. My wrists are already feeling better from changing from pistol grip to ECS. Also way less fatigue with the hydro as compared to the belt driven deere. Best of all is the difference in the CUT. The exmark gives a way superior cut and grass dispersal is super. I will NEVER go back to deere or to belt drive.

#5 ·
Watch out for hydro pump belt snapped or chewed, and its idler pulley spring, it can stop you in the middle of cutting and have to haul that beast back to trailer. eXmark said it realizes this widespread problem and already remedied it in late 05, so your 04 is not fixed from factory. Keep eyes on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.