2004 F-250 XL Diesel 4X4

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by zurfsturfcare, Oct 2, 2009.

1. zurfsturfcare

zurfsturfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, i'm looking at getting a new truck even though I just got this one, lol. I recently had back surgery and need a little better support that the bench seat offered in this truck. It has about 70,6XX miles. Manual windows and locks, no cruise, it has AC, its a base truck but the wheels are shiny. The previous owner also upgraded it with a pioneer cd player. It has the tow package, a plastic bedliner, and meyer 7.5 poly blade with e-60 pump. Auto transmission. KBB puts it at $19,630 private party in good condition. I know that can't be relied on though, so let me know what you guys think its worth, thanks.

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

2. gtmorgan89

gtmorgan89 LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Thats WAYYYYYYYY high if you ask me. I know the Ford comes with a plow, but My step-dad just bout a 06 Dodge 3500 4 door SRW Cummins, 27k miles, for right around the same price.

3. zurfsturfcare

i thought it was a bit high too but i swear thats what KBB has, i didnt even look at the suggested retail price. I would just like to know what I can get out of it.

4. gtmorgan89

gtmorgan89 LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I have had the same problem with KBB in the past. As a seller, the prices are good, a but as a buyer they seem a tad steep. I would use it as a starting price point, and maybe keep the plow, or sell it separate. You never what what people will want.

5. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it is worth about the amount my pocket book can afford hahahahaha

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry I get 19,840 but seeing how it's not that big of a deal just sell it however you usually do.

7. zurfsturfcare

you may be right, i might have missed one of the options

8. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

there's a guy locally selling a truck identical but with 68k miles, fisher m2 8' plow, XLT, tool box, fuel transfer tank, back rack, work lights, whelen mini led bar for $19000 OBO.

just to give you an idea...

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Dam. Thats almost exactly what I want...

10. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like a nice clean truck, just start where you think the truck is worth to you and see what it fetches, you just never know, at least it is a diesel so it holds value well, other than that you have to see what the demand for that type of truck is in your area, and what comparable trucks are selling for locally in your area, good luck with the sale