2004 F250 diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lynden-Jeff, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Does anyone have comments on the 2004 F250 Diesel's? Looking at picking one up for $27,000 w/80,000 KM. Seems like a pretty good deal but I remember reading about some problems with the early 6.0 L diesels.

Thanks for the input.

Jeff

2. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

U should be ok with the 04 the early 6.0 engine with the most problems was made early on in 03.I have both an older 03 and 04 6.0 and only had minor issues wit them.

3. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

my old truck is at dealer here in town it has about 58000 on it and it had the headgaskets and EGR cooler replaced other wise no problems think he is asking something like $21500.00 it is a 4 door XLT , automatic , 2 wheel drive, spray in bed liner, vent shades, bug deflector

4. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

I've got a 04 6.0 powerstroke 4x4. 71,000 miles and no problems. I'm about to change original tires out. Of all the trucks I've owned, the 04 6.0 is the best.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Sweet. This trucks is pretty done up, which tell me the last guy babied it which I like. It has custom paint with faint blue flames (not a fan of for work really but a deals a deal) and i think it will make me stand out a bit. Going to look at it tomorow afternoon.

Cheers and thanks for the input.
    Jeff

6. Lynden-Jeff

One other question, does the oil pan on these rust out like the 7.3's? Is this something I should be checking for?

Thanks
    Jeff

7. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Check for signs the engine or electronics might have modified, if he has exhaust gas temp, boost, and fuel pressure gauges, run away.

8. Lynden-Jeff

What if it is just chipped? I know many guys chip their deisels however I guess if they have guages and what not it has been abused?

Cheers
    Jeff

9. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

Ive been reading alot about the 6L diesels and many people seem to report issues. Is there anything I should be wary of before I purchase this truck? I thought 04 was the third year of this diesel and that most issues would be ironed out by then.

Cheers

10. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

get the VIN and have local Ford dealer run a OASIS report on truck it will tell you what has been done to unit form date of inservice to present date . Good luck and kepp us informed .