1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2004 F250 totalled!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by steve in Pa., Feb 28, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

Just purchased our first brand new truck for the business on tues. Was going to a lesco costumer appreciation day yesterday morning. Traveling down the highway and this idiot was on the berm ahead of me. So i'm in the passing lane, he starts pulling out to do a U turn and i move into a turning lane only, clear him with the front of the truck he catches right behind the pas. side cab and bed sends me and my brother slidding 70' down the highway on two tires ready to roll and slam right into the guardrail causing us to spin and smash the guardrail two more times. We traveld about 120' total from the initail impact. Thank God no body was hurt we all were wearing out seat belts. The old man was about 75 years old told the state trooper three different things. Finally he said i don't know what happened it happened to quick. He got a citation for an illegal left turn, his car's front end got ripped right off and our 2 day old 150 miles truck got totalled! Needless to say my brother and i were both very upset!!!!!!:angry: :cry:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

u can get a new truck
    as long as u were not hurt and can still work all is well
    get the police report and send it to the dmv and get this menace off the road
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry to hear that. At least you had a safe truck though and nobody was hurt.
  4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Hop you got that GAP coverage.
  5. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear... Only 2 days old... O well, u will get another. Glad no one was injured. Be happy for that !!
  6. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Try to look at the good thing, is you were in a good truck, which saved your life. That alone is worht the price of the truck! Of course you will get a new one, and this will set you back on some time, but remember the important thing is you can't replace your life! Went through the same thing last year. Not such a nice new truck, but still the business work horse.
    Good luck to you, and glad to hear everyone was ok.
  7. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

Perhaps it was a sign from God you should have bought a Chevy! LOL

Glad to hear everyone was ok. :D
  8. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your new truck:(
    Glad you both are OK though
  9. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

Sorry that your new truck got wrecked, " SOME DRIVERS"!!!!!!