1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2004 F550 Dump With Salt spreader & V-Plow

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by sunriseturf, Feb 24, 2009.

1. sunriseturf

sunriseturf LawnSite Member

2004 F550 dump truck. 19000 miles 6.0 Liter turbo diesel Highway undertailgate salt spreader with flood light. CENTRAL HYDRAULICS. Has wheelbarrow and tool racks along with a 70 gallon gravity feed auxillary fuel tank.. Fold down side. Has all new hydraulic hoses and fittings. Brand new turbo. Also comes with an almost new 8.5 ft Ultra Mount Western V Plow

2. sunriseturf

$27000 obo....I can send you more pics upon request.
  3. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

nice truck, any problems with the 6.0l?
  4. sunriseturf

I have 3 of the 6.0L and I just had the turbo done on this one last week. The other 2 have needed some sensors and minor stuff. It's one of the reasons I waited til the second year of it to work out the bugs. Thanks for the compilment.
  5. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

just curious....what goes in the rack right above the cab?...i have never seen anything like that before...nice truck
  6. sunriseturf

Wheel Barrows, Flats of flowers(covered of course), Bags of fert or soil. It can hold a lot of weight. When you fold down the gate that covers the aux tank there are 2 steps that are welded to climb up and over to that platform.
  7. sunriseturf

8. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy that is an intresting truck. I have never seen a rack like that. I dont need the truck, but I know someone looking for a tailgate spreader. You willing to seperate??? How much if so.
  9. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

bump for you.....Awesome truck...would suck down some fuel plowing though.
  10. sunriseturf

Thanks again for the compliments. I'm keeping the truck intact. Hopefully it will sell easier. I appreciate it though. The truck actually gets good mileage plowing compared to gas. I switched over to all diesel about 4 years ago. It was perfect timing...i loved paying $5.36 a gallon. We're down to about $2.50now. Even at 5 a gallon the cost about equalled out mileage wise. Plowing the diesels are almost a must especially with the V-Plow. We load it up with a ton and a half when we polow for weight and it hammers through snow. We'd a more when it came time to salt. Now if we can get a few more storms.