2004 hand mower availibilty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Roger, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I am told that Toro Proline 21" hand mowers with 5.5hp 2 cy Sizuki are no longer available (maybe a few still on the shelf). Also, I'm told that 21" LawnBoy commercial, 6.5hp Dura-Force engine, will be very limited in supply this season.

What do you know? Is Toro Proline 21" hand mowers only going to have Kaw 4 cy engines? Is there any other choice? And, what about the LawnBoy? Are they being phased out too?

The above info was given to me from a large mail-order supplier for commercial lawn equipment. I was told a flat "no" on the Toro, and "order very early" on the LawnBoy.

The Toro web site is no different than last month.

2. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

Yeah, Toro discontinued they 2 stroke mowers. Buy any you can find.

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer told me the Toro will have a Honda 4 cycle motor to replace the Suzuki.

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer still has a few suzuki 2-strokes, and they just got the new Toro Prolines with the Honda engines in.

Adam,
    Lovell's Lawn Care

5. ive heard only kaw and also some honda motors for 2004 .

the exmark metro 21 counterpart to the proline ive heard will only have honda's

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Imho the Honda commercial is the machine to own anyway. I've had two 2 cycle toro's and 2 Honda comercials, I now have 10 and 11 years on the Honda's and thier still running strong.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The Toro Suzuki's are Gone next year.

I put 3 on reserve which will hopefully last us a few years. I dread switching to those cumbersome 4 strokers.