1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2004 Innovative mower freatures awards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Jan 29, 2004.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nominate your favs for the mower features that have been most innovative and or unique in the last few years.

I would start it off with:

Husqvarna: for their system to change mower deck height on wb's at the operator's controls on the fly, much like on a ztr.

Hustler: Innovative and easy to learn H bar steering system on wb mowers.

The various operator controlled discharge chutes:

Toro: for the new moveable deck baffle on their new ztr mowers.

Toro again: for their workhorse T bar steering for belt drive mowers. And gravely for a pro-steer version for their belt and hydro drive wbs'.

Flex Deck: for showing you can attach extra mowing width to a mower and give it greater flexibility.

Hustler super wb's: For souping up their hydro wb withbigger tires and more power and speed.

Various: for built in parking brakes on hydro mowers

various: for foam filled caster wheels to reduce flats''

Exmark (and others) for adding cannister air filters to most of the line

Hustler and Gravely for putting big wide tires on even smaller w ]=walk models.
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess you could give exmark a point for the ROP.
  3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I definatelly am interested in Gravely's eye-q system
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I never seriously considered Gravely before, mostly because they aren't used around here much, but they have some pretty impressive standard equipment lists and features on their walk behinds and riders. Especially for the prices I'm seeing at their website.
  5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Hustler super wb's: For souping up their hydro wb withbigger tires and more power and speed.

Always wanted a 23 on my 48". Why would eXmark offer nothing bigger than a 15HP on their Metro line? Anyone know the M.S.R.P. on the Hustler Super Walkbehind 23/48" or 25/ 52"?
  6. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have to give full points to TORO though for thier adjstable baffling system. Talk about flexability!

Iseki. They brought out an enclosed cabin front mount with air-conditioning. And a cut off for the viciouse coupling deckdrive that makes sure you wont be replacing the CV's if you raise the deck that little bit to high when engaged. An amazing unit to say the very least!!!!!!

GD..........the option of over the lap controls.
  7. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Good post.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Gravely - Eye-Q system

Dixie Chopper - Canister Air Filters (long before Kohler even thought of making them available to Exmark or others)

Dixie Chopper - OCDC

Dixie Chopper - VTC steering

Dixie Chopper - Engine oil coolers (where do you think Kohler got the idea)

Dixie Chopper - Amsoil bypass filters

Exmark - Trivantage mower deck. The industry standard

Walker - GHS (Grass Handling System) - The industry standard in bagging mowers
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

2003-2004 eXmark for the add on suspension for the standard seat. If you ever rode it once you couldn't go back to the old way.