2004 IS3000 or 2003 IS3000 Extreme???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kevin85, Jun 5, 2004.

1. kevin85

kevin85 LawnSite Member

I think I've narrowed my choice down to a Ferris based on dealer service. (I like most of the machines I've demoed.) I have been given prices of $7850 for a 2004 or $7650 for a 2003 Extreme leftover, brand new. Which would you go with? Also, are there any major differences between the two? Thanks in advance for the responses.

2. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

HI,

I have both mowers (My is3000 is the older of the two....probably about 3 years old.....IS3000 Extreme is about 2 years old).....The IS3000 with the pivoting front end rides smoother than the new 4 wheel suspension model....unless you hit a fixed object perpendiculaly then the 4 wheel suspension is smoother but given the choice in suspension I would get the pivoting model the nod for smoother ride.....As far as decks go my newer Extreme discharges far better than the older model......my newer extreme throws grass more or less straight out from the mower while the older model throws clippings out but slightly rearward and it tends to clump because
    it catches the rear lip of the deck an builds up clippings until a bunch just falls off (I'll mod the deck by eliminating the sharp enge with a grinder when I get the chance or may just cut back the area w/ a saw and smooth it off w/ a grinder)....in my opinion I would like to see the extreme model with the pivoting fron end .....but given the choice I would still give the nod to the Extreme model....Hope this helps.

3. kevin85

kevin85 LawnSite Member

Thanks, that does help. Anyone else???