2004 Kubota ZD-28 Fabricated or stamped deck ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by webdrifter, Jun 27, 2004.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

Does Kubota still have stamped decks on their 2004 ZD-28 or have they went all the way to fabricated decks now ? I'm considering a 2004 ZD-28 with 350 hours on it priced at $8000. The guy that has it works where I do but on a different shift, so I didn't have a chance to ask him last week. From what I've read on here the Fabricated deck is a pretty important feature. I'm just trying to make a good decision based on all the information available to me.

2. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

Fabricated is the only way to go, be sure to check it out thoroughly.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If it is the fabricated/welded deck it will say "Pro Deck" on the deck itself.... the decal should still be there.... if not the deck is built out of thick flat stock welded together.... it will be flat on top and square off that for sides.

Reference Kubota's web page to be sure. You WANT the fab/welded Pro deck, not the old stamped/rounded one.

4. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious - why do you feel that fabbed is the only way to go?

5. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

i think evny pretty much answered it.

6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

stevo, just research our data base....

Use the "search feature" to find out the answers to questions you have....chances are, they have been rehashed over and over again.

hope this helps,

kenny:p

7. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Kenny, I have done the research on this site using the search feature. But nowhere has anyone offered a valid reason other than personal preference for opting for a fabbed deck over a stamped one like the 7 Iron.

If I missed such proof, then I am sorry. I simply have yet to see a conclusive reason to run from a well built stamped deck like Deere's.

That's why I've asked this question - what are the reasons (facts) to prefer a fabbed deck?

8. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

my z28 has the stamped deck and it works fine for the mowing we do, I think your application will dictate what deck you will buy, but our stamped deck gives a great cut and the price was right, we lease our z28 so wearing it out is not an issue because the machine will be returned in 3 years with way to many hours for us to consider buying out the lease.