2004 Mower Questions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcare, Oct 8, 2003.

1. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I bought a 2003 62" 23 hp Toro. It has been a pretty good mower especially in tall grass but I am wanting a better deck. I have looked at the 2004 Toros and they have made many design changes in their deck that look promising but I have not demoed one. Everyone talks highly of the Exmark but I have not ridden one of those either. I called the Exmark dealer here in town and he told me they could not get any 2004 Exmarks until December. I am anxious to look at the 2004 Exmark and compare its deck to the 2004 Toro. Has anyone demoed both 2004 machines?

I am also looking for a bigger engine. A 27 hp Koler or 27 hp Kawasaki. I have had good luck with my 23 hp Koler but have not tried a Kawasaki. Has anyone had both?

Need Help!

Thanks

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark deck and overall feel of mower hasn't changed in quite some time. Biggest change is the new tanks and ROPS. Deck is unchanged.

Toro has changed decks for 2004, and also changed cosmetics like the Exmark has.

The NEW Toro deck does look nice, there aren't enough of them out there yet to get full results. Heck trying to get good pics of this deck is very difficult. (Toro's site sucks)

If you can demo a '03 eXmark that will give you the basic idea of how an '04 will cut.

Hope this helped.