1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2004 Scag cutting problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by firefighter, May 17, 2004.

1. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

All of ya that own a 2004 scag 48" cut with a 19 hp kaw that are having trouble with the machine cutting in wet grass, dry grass tall grass, what ever. I have trouble with mine also. I also have a 2002 scag 52" cut with a 23 hp kaw. I have been very disappointed with the 48" scag. When comparing my 48" to the 52", its like comparing night to day. The 48" won't cut good in tall grass ( 7 days) wet grass and etc. ()NO POWER) I talked to the dealer about the 48" cutting problems and they in turn called scag. The dealer picked up the 48" scag this morning and they still have it. The dealer said that scag gave them a list of things to check or do to correct the mowing problems. We will see what happens.

2. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

Keep us posted...
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

yep im interested, my cut isnt the best but i figure its the mowing conditions
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm guessing that your talking about a Tiger Cub,.....correct?

Just a tip for the future. Include some of your equipment specifics in your signature line. This will help in cases such as yours.

Mulching or side discharge?
    What are your engine RPMs? ~3750 no load?
    All deck belt idlers keeping belts properly tensioned?
    Front baffle UP or DOWN?
    Factory OEM Blades? Sharp!?
    Deck pitch? 1/4" lower in front?
    What height are you attempting to cut at?
    And how much grass are you taking off?

Was its cut Better when it was NEW?

Have you done anything that may have changed any of the above?

This is most likely the items the dealer should check.