2004 Scags...Will not start

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Weekly Weeder, May 12, 2008.

1. Weekly Weeder

Weekly Weeder LawnSite Member

2004 Scags Turf Tiger 27hp Kohler will not start. It has started and ran flawlessly right up till I tried to put it on the trailer this morning. I let it sit and took the Exmark.Checked the fuses,changed the battery....Nothing.I tried jumping the safety switch,brake switch,etc......Nothing. Just a click when I try the ignition. I know the battery is good but I added cable from the truck battery....Nothing
    HELP...I have a 10.260 acre job tomorrow :confused:

2. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

If it's been sitting in the rain or gets damp alot, it may be the ignition switch contacts are corroded.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your relay under the instrument panel itz the black box..

4. Weekly Weeder

Thanks Mow Pro
    It was the relay. $21.00 including Ky. sales tax and I am back in business.

5. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

my scag did the same thing. try some new gas, a battery(even though you think it's ok, you never know. i bought a new battery a few months ago and it died b/c something was draining the power), and you could also just bring it in.

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Wow $21 relay thats high I get em all day long for $3.50 Bosh SPDT but its priceless if it got you running

7. Weekly Weeder

its priceless if it got you running

Lawns Etc
    Your statement holds true. The guys at the dealer diagnosed and installed the new relay while the mower was on the trailer, with no additional down time. That said I think I will search out a Bosh SPDT at $3.50 for a spare.
    Thanks for the info.

8. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Go to a car audio shop as they use relays daily on installs and they will be able to sell you one or a few at 3-4 each I did car audio and security for 15 years and they cost about $1.50 each when they buy them in 100 packs