1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2005 2500hd, extra cab 4wd,53k mi lt, loaded, $16,000

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by grassmanvt, May 31, 2008.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Up for sale today is a nice 2005 chevy 2500hd with only 53,000 miles. Has the very reliable, 6 liter gas engine, auto trans, and this critter is loaded! Its an lt model with power leather heated seats, 6 disc cd changer with bose sound, onstar, all the power goodies, a spray in bedliner, tow pack, ec. This truck stickered for about $39,500 (still have the original window sticker)Very few flaws on this rig, on small dent in the lower side of the drivers door,(easily fixable)and the drivers side seat seam had started to come apart but was fixed. Very functional and you can't feel it but its easily seen. Selling way below book, $16,000 or a close serious offer. E-mail or call 802-793-7023 for more info.

05 chevy 2500 hd lt 013.jpg
  2. grassmanvt

one from the inside

05 chevy 2500 hd lt 002.jpg
  3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck.

I wish that I had a gasser instead of the two diesels that are running around @ 4.69/gallon...

I really like those 6.0 Chevys.

Sounds like a solid buy for anyone who's interested in a "new" truck.
  4. grassmanvt

Thanks for the plug. While these don't have the all out snot of the diesels, the power is very adequate and I've had virtually no problems with the 5 trucks I've had with this engine.
  5. Cooper725

Cooper725 LawnSite Member

Very interested in this truck. Have to talk to the "Boss" about it first. I plan on looking for something like this soon after June 10th. Ill drop you a line if you still have it in a couple days.
  6. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

How's the fuel mileage? Has it had a plow? Which transmission? Thanks.
  7. grassmanvt

Sounds good.
  8. grassmanvt

The only auto trans available with this engine is the 4 speed auto (I think its a 4l80e) To the best of my knowledge it has never plowed although I am not the original owner. Mileage can be expected to be 7-10 towing or working. 12-15 on normal driving. That has been my experience anyway. The onboard fuel display says its at 12.6 mpg lifetime average.
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

if it has the 4.10 rear end like mine that mpg is about right. I get around 9 pulling the trailer. about 14 is all I can squeeze out of it just driving it around. It does require a light foot to drive and get decent mileage but MAN oes it pull like a sonofa!!
  10. grassmanvt

Yup, 4.10's and a locker, the way god intended it.