1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2005 36" Toro Proline - What deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sensor419, Mar 9, 2007.

1. sensor419

sensor419 LawnSite Member

I have a 2005 Toro model 30519 36" belt drive walkbehind and I was wondering what deck is on it. It is a fabricated deck but the mower is not identified as a Turbo Force and there is no adjustable baffle. Did this deck fall between the stamped deck (SFS?) and the fabricated Turbo Force (with adjustable baffle)? What is the "name" of the deck I have and how have people found it to perform? How does it's performance compare to the stamped and Turbo Force decks? Also, Toro is advertising that they put larger spindles (larger base to spread out stress on the top of the deck??) on the 06 and 07 mowers. My spindles look pretty stout. Any thoughts on why Toro changed spindles? Any problems with the spindle I have? I am just interested in better understanding more about my mower. Thanks.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, first you might check out the Toro web site, the information on there is the most reliable and up to date.

Oh, nevermind the model numbers...
    It has always been fixed decks were turbos and the floats are sfs, and if you look on this page of the Toro web site, you can see it, all fixeds are turbos and all floats are sfs, plain and simple the only thing you need to know is whether your deck is fixed or float, thou the model number switcharoo sure made things confusing.

Afaik, Toro will make a custom machine, so you could likely order an sfs fixed deck or a turbo float, same with hydros that are pistols you can order one with T-bars, but the basic design really is the best, otherwise they wouldn't be selling them as is.

Both of mine have the older sealed bearing spindles, so long I stay out of high dust situations they last longer, otherwise I find myself replacing bearings around once / year. As for the spindles themselves, I've never had one go bad, thou they're made of some type of composite so you have to be careful around them when repairing, a solid whack would likely crack the material, rendering it useless. On the greasable bearings I don't think it matters as much, so long you grease them lots and often.
  3. sensor419

sensor419 LawnSite Member

Thanks topsites. Any other experiences with this deck?
  4. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Your model is a Toro Fixed deck mower, pre-Turboforce. It doesn't have any particular name. Its construction is 10-gauge fabricated. Its a very good deck.

Back in the early to mid 90's Toro didn't have a fixed deck model.

Toro never had a SFS fixed deck. SFS is floating only and was introduced late 90's.

Toro introduced the Turbo-force deck on the fixed mowers in 06.

Toro 07 floating decks are also Turbo-force. The website is not updated for 07 models yet.