2005 Bad Boy -31 horse Vanguard 60 inch cut. How much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tynash, Mar 25, 2008.

1. tynash

tynash LawnSite Member

In my area there is an auction for an 05 Bad Boy with 60 inch cut, 31 horse power Vanguard engine, 665 hours and high traction tires.

What would this mower be worth? Any feedback from anyone who has one or has run one? It seems like a couple people on this board swear by them but I don't hear much from anyone else. Is this mower any good?

Any feedback would be great.

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of what you read on bb here is from dealers. However I cannot comment on what it is worth due to the fact I never see any around here and they start off supposedly cheaper than all the others!

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Is that a Lightning model? Bad Boy has made alot of changes since '05, one of which being a front baffle for the deck. They also now have some really good engine options and have 4 wheel suspension as well. What are they asking for that mower? $2500-$3000 wouldn't be bad if its in good shape. You can get a Pup with the 31hp Kawasaki for in the low 7s, so if you can get this unit for under half that, you should be fine.

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

By the way, I'm a dealer for them and they are built very solid. They have done well for us and our commercial (and homeowner) cutters. The 31hp Vanguard is a BEAST! See how that rear baffled deck cuts for you. It won't be quite as clean as the latest decks, but see what it cuts like for you. You may be happy with it with that deck.