2005 Chevy 2500 HD

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by bryant lawn & landscape, Jan 25, 2010.

1. bryant lawn & landscape

bryant lawn & landscape LawnSite Senior Member

For sale:

2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD - Alarm
    2wd - Remote keyless entry
    116k miles - ISRV mirror with compass and thermometer
    SWB extended cab - In steering stereo controls
    6.0 Vortec engine - AM/FM CD Cass.
    Auto - Charcoal cloth interior
    Pwr. windows/door locks - Heat/air

Add ons:

Tool box
    P.A. system with 80 horn tones
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Custom seat covers in OEM matching fabric (seats are perfect underneath)
    Husky molded plastic floor mats (custom fit)
    Putnam XDR class 5 hitch receiver
    Draw Tite Break controller
    I also have a folding tonneau cover available.

Misc.
    At 100K:
    New breaks and tires (10 ply Firestone)
    Transmission flush
    New spark plugs and compressor belt
    New starter/alternator (around 100K)

This has been a dependable truck. I bought it in 2007 with 80k miles (highway). Maintenance has been meticulous.

$11,500-

Please contact me with any questions, or if you'd like to see it in person.

Bryant

*** I also have a boatload of equipment that I'll be listing soon, so be sure to check back.

Items include:

Dump trailer - Lesco 300 gallon sprayer
    Enclosed trailer - Stihl 420 backpack sprayer
    18' open trailer - Little Wonder lawn vac
    Hustler Super Z 66" with 12 HOURS! - Snapper 21" mower - Maybe more!

Thanks.

Oh yeah.....The extended cab doors got lettered with my business logo after the first shot, but I will have the lettering removed when the sale is complete.

2500.jpg

truck steering.jpg

truck controls.jpg

truck inside.jpg

truck tool box.jpg

2. scotlykins

scotlykins LawnSite Member

This truck has a Blue Book value of around $9500. Why are you asking so much.

I might be a buyer if it were reasonable.

3. bryant lawn & landscape

A little story:

I decided early last year that I wanted a smaller truck to run errands,give bids, and occasionally leave at a job site for a second crew to run weed eaters out of. I have always liked the old mid-nineties box stlye Ford F-150's, so I figured I'd look for one of those. I scoured Craigslist, Lawnsite, Ebay.... you name it for months and months, and FINALLY, last month, I found the perfect truck on Ebay. An awesome '95 white 150 ...exactly want I wanted down to the color (interior too!). It also had less than 60k original miles!!! Everything else I had seen was beat up, worn out, and had triple the miles. I got excited and looked the truck up on Kelly Blue Book. It came out at around 2000. Well it was listed at 3000, so I called the guy and asked him why so much, and he explained that he knew the KBB value, but the truck belonged to his father that was 85 and couldn't drive anymore. Before losing his driving abilites he had only driven it to the hardware store, Wal Mart etc... and that he felt that KBB wasn't showing the whole picture. I told him that since he was in in Dallas, and I was in Memphis 450 miles away that I'd like to have the truck, but would need to fly there to pick it up.To make a short story long, I found an Airtran flight to Dallas for 99 dollars. I gave him $2900 for the truck, flew out and picked it up the next week, and have had no regrets for paying well over KBB. He even treated me to lunch at the place where they served "the best barbeque in Texas!"

All this rambling to say that KBB and NADA and the other books provide a general idea of the value of a vehicle. They don't differenciate between a truck that was well maintained, serviced, a generally taken care of, and one that some high school kid used to go mudding , pull tree stumps, never changed oil, and has bald tires etc.

It boils down to what it's worth to you. I bought this truck 2 years old with 80,000 miles on it. It had never even had a receiver hitch on it. The former owner was a salesman and ran it alot on the highway. I bought it added everything to it like tool box, brake controller, and everything I've listed and some I didn't, like a K&N air filter, rubber bed mat etc.... I've basically done lawn maintenance out of it. Since this is a work truck, it's been a tool I use to make my living, and I really like to take care of my tools. It's far from showroom quality, but your kids wouldn't be embarassed if you picked them up from school in it. The heaviest thing I pulled with it has been my 18' trailer full of leaves. It's a great truck. With all that said, let me know if you want to come down and pick it up. I'll treat you to "the best barbeque in Tennessee."

4. scotlykins

Wonderfull tale. Albeit foolish.

It is obvious too me you still hold a special feeling for your truck. If it should wear off let me know.

5. bryant lawn & landscape

Foolish? Give me a break. If you were really interested, you would at least make an offer instead of just trying to stir up sh#t. Now why don't you scurry over to bother the guy trying to sell an 03 single cab for 14,500. He hasn't had anyone try to disrespect him yet.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302760

6. scotlykins

The "book" value on the truck is just under $9500, for a truck in excellent condition. Should the truck become available in that range, I am very interested.

I did not mean to insult you. I meant, It is foolish, to me at least, to pay more for a product than it is worth, regardless of the story.

The other truck has a plow and salt-spreader with it that did not interest me.

7. bryant lawn & landscape

I agree that it's foolish to pay more for a product than what it's worth. If I were looking to purchase a vehicle at an auction, I would tend to lean on the generic "book" value to dictate it's value not having the opportunity to meet with or have any communication with the owner. However, if I did get a chance to communicate with the owner and ask questions I might find out some important information that could greatly affect the vehicle's value. Anyway, we just have different approaches. Everyone wants to get a good value for their purchase. I'll let you know if I decide to sell in your range.

8. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is becoming to be one of my pet peeves... I mean this with all due respect scotlykins, and this goes for everybody, if you feel a truck, mower, or trailer is over price don't post anything. If a product is that over priced no body will buy it and the price will eventually come down due to low interest. Bashing people because there price is to high does no good. *trucewhiteflag*

9. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

btw bryant im not saying your price is to high. Just trying to set an example.. And nada and kbb mean nothing to me.

10. bryant lawn & landscape

I agree. There are lots of forums on Lawnsite to go to where you can exchange your thoughts opinions with other LCO's. The marketplace is not one of those. It's really nice to have a forum like this to network with a target audience you wouldn't otherwise be able to reach. I've bought and sold quite a few items on Lawnsite and have had nothing but great experiences with the folks I've actually done the exchanges with. In fact, I've developed some great business contacts, referrals, and even made a couple of real live friends here. By keeping this forum fact and information driven, I think everyone will come out ahead.