2005 Dixie Choppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eagle670, Nov 9, 2004.

1. eagle670

eagle670 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Has anyone seen the new DC Silver Eagle 24/50"? It going to be December before they are in this area. That should be a cutting machine with that much HP. I'm not sure about that Guardian engine though, I never heard of it. I did see that DC run behind and that is one ugly monster, but I bet it will cut with the best of them.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I havn't seen one of the new silver eagles. The Guardian by Generac engines are very high quality engines. They are made by Generac Power systems. They are manufacturers of portable generators and home and business standby generators. They produce their own engines to use on the generators and now they are becoming more popular on lawnmowers (hint, hint). I am seeing more mowers with Generacs on them every year. I've heard that they have a lot more power than a Kohler or Kawasaki. You couldn't go wrong with one and i'd buy one in a heartbeat.

3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2005 dixie with the 27 horse generac have about 26 hours on it, runs great havent had any trouble, its a powerhouse

4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got to demo it, it was BAD. to say the least, it looked just the same, just a new engine, that 4 hp did make a difference.