2005 Exmark lazer with 48 inch deck

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by DK lawn care, Mar 1, 2008.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2005 Exmark Lazer with a 48 inch Kohler command 18 hp with the ROPS bars. It has 240 hours on it and i bout it at 130 hours. Every 40 hours the wheel pump oil and engine oil were changed. How much do you guys think i would get for this mower?
  2. DK lawn care

If i can get the right price, i will be looking to sell.
  3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure what the ct lists for. if u give it a good price and can ship i would consider buying it. it's a much better machine than the 08 ct because of the kohler engine. all the cts now come with briggs.

why are you selling? planning on upgrading to the HP or lazer z? or are you done with exmark?:cry:
  4. DK lawn care

I like exmark, its a good machine, but i was thinking about buying a tank. The reason why i say this is because i want a 54 inch and the exmarks are so expensive. I can get a tank M54 with a 27 vtwin kohler for 5,000 used with 300 hours. Plus i would like to put a ultra vac on my mower but they quoted me 1600. The same type of bagger for the tank is 700 to 800 dollars. They just seem cheaper to run and some ppl one here who have gone from exmarks to tanks say that tanks cut better then some exmark models.
  5. mowcrazy

mowcrazy LawnSite Senior Member

DK, not to scare you or anything but have you ran the tank before? I have......... It aint no exmark let me tell ya! I can tell you that when there is the least little bit of dew on the grass or evan if the grass is slimey in the spring the deck clogs and throws out big chuncks of grass. As long as it is dry it mows fine but I was tired of having to wait until 11:00 in the morning to start mowing. Not trying to put the machine down but I can start mowing anytime I want in the morning now that I have Exmark equipment. The trick is the exmark decks. They are by far and away the best decks Ive ever dealt with and I have owned a lot of different mower brands. Lesco, bobcat, Scagg, toro, and Last but not least EXMARK! The last mower brand I will every buy. I am sold on exmark!!!! The extra money you spend on exmark will well be worth it when everyone with exmarks are out mowing at 8 or 9 in the morning and with the tank, your gonna be settin around watchin them till the grass is almost 100% dry. I reallized how bad it was affecting my days when I was getting home from mowing 7-8 in the evenings, and after I got mowers that would mow grass when it was somewhat wet I started getting home at 4-5 oclock in the evenings. Just trying to save you from buying a headache bud.
  6. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

whats your asking price i may be intersted
  7. DK lawn care

I dnt kno if i am gonna sell it yet. But if i do, 4000 to 4500
  8. Cutting Edge Lawn Mowing

Cutting Edge Lawn Mowing LawnSite Member

I would also advise you to keep with exmark versus going cheaper and downgrading to a tank.The grass has to be 100% dry or it will clump up on you.