2005 F-150 XL and Trailer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by lawnspecialties, Oct 29, 2007.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Last year I bought this F-150 to pull my smaller trailer. The whole purpose of this "rig" was to have one setup designed to just mow residentials without having to use my F-250 and 20" trailer. It worked great and stiil does, except now I'm looking at very likely going full-time next season so I will be forced to start running my reidential and commercial accounts together. That means the 717A and one of my SuperZs will need to be on the trailer each trip. So, it looks like next spring I'll be back in the F-250 with a 16'-18' trailer.

So heres what I'm selling and my outlook on the whole thing:

2005 Ford F-150 XL 4X2 SuperCab
    4.6L V8 with automatic transmission with O/D
    3.55 ratio axle
    Air Conditioning
    am/fm with single CD player
    17" wheels
    Sprayed BedLiner
    Three truck boxes (across bed and down both sides)
    6700 lb. GVWR package
    29,500 miles (still under 3/36 warranty)

$15,000

Now remember this is a work truck. It has no power windows, locks, or carpet. The back seats fold up so you can carry "stuff" like the bag of seed in the picture (so it doesn't get wet). The oil is regularly changed and the transmission was "power flushed" by my local Ford dealership. This is the same service I have done on my F-250 where they pump synthetic fluid through the transmission replacing almost all the old fluid completely with new synthetic fluid.

2004 Load Trail 7' x 14' single axle trailer
    It's rated at 2990 lbs. but has a 3500 lb. axle (keeps it from having to have brakes)
    Trimmertrap TT-4 rack trimmer rack
    2 Trimmertrap blower racks
    2 Trimmertrap sprayer racks
    It has a matching spare tire and carrier but I don't have it installed on the trailer.

This is a rare 14' single axle. It pulls perfectly and will accomodate multiple setups. In the pics, you can see my 717A with Plugr aerator and 21" push mower up front. So obviously, it will accomodate a walk-behind and a ztr with room to spare. I've had two instances where I had to use it for my 60" SuperZ and my 66" SuperZ together. They fit easily and it pulled with no problems at all but I wouldn't recommend this for continued use with that much weight.

$1500

So now let me go ahead and tell you the situation I'm in with this. I have the clear titles to both. If I don't sell either one until next season, that will be OK. I'll just keep using it whenever I can until it does sell.

I will sell the truck without the trailer.
    I will not sell the trailer until the truck's gone.
    I will sell the trailer without the racks.
    I will not sell the racks without the trailer.
    None of the equipment on the trailer is for sale.

Until next spring, the price is not negotiable. You can go to NADA or KBB and see the fair market value is higher than this price.

I will post pics in my next post.:)

2. lawnspecialties

Here's some pics

F150 pics 051.jpg

F150 pics 052.jpg

F150 pics 053.jpg

F150 pics 055.jpg

F150 pics 058.jpg

3. lawnspecialties

A few more pics.

Also, those are brand new 17" tires. I cut a tire last month so I just went ahead and bought a whole new set.

F150 pics 056.jpg

F150 pics 059.jpg

F150 pics 057.jpg

4. lawnspecialties

I know it's not a great time of year for this but I'll at least "bump" this one every now and then.:)

5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the same truck in 4x4 for that