2005 f550 , help ?. thanks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BNC SERVICES, May 7, 2005.

1. BNC SERVICES

BNC SERVICES LawnSite Member

ok I have a ? for the ford guys. how do you disconnect the alarm that beeps when the door is open and the key is in the ignition. we already disconnected the seat belt warning chime. this is on a mobile mechanics truck so the doors are always open for music and doing paperwork and that warning chime is really annoying. ok , the truck is a 2005 , ford f550 , xlt , diesel , manual trans.
    any help , like location of it , whatever would be appreciated . Thanks Bryan......

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

The key reminder chime is part of the body control module I believe. The only way to disable the chime and still retain use if the interior lights is to open the lower cover on the steering column and find the wire that controls the signal for the chime. On the other models of the F series trucks, its a black wire with pink stripe.

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't tried this but what happens if the doors are open and you press the lock button on your remote?

The instructions for turning off the seat belt chime are in the owners manual.

Oldtimer

4. BNC SERVICES

Thanks guys , some one else mentioned the black wire with the pink stripe, makes me feel better hearing it from two people.
    ?

whats that supposed too do ?

5. BNC SERVICES

Thank you guys , cut the black/pink wire today. the stupid thing quit beepin. thanks for the help....Bryan

6. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Good fix. Glad ya got it done and thanks for posting back!