2005 Ferris IS3000 what is a good price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DuckDawg21, Jun 25, 2007.

1. DuckDawg21

DuckDawg21 LawnSite Member

I have found a 2005 Ferris IS3000 in good condition. It has 140 hrs, 27hp Kohler and is a 52".

Owner is asking $6000 and that includes a 6 x 12 trailer. Is it worth it?

Also what is the mower worth?

2. jvorwald7

jvorwald7 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

jump on it. i dont know how much a new ferris cost but with only 140 hours the machine itselp is in the the 5000 dollar range. it also depends on the condition of the mower and trailer.

3. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I would think that the seller of said Ferris forgot to connect the hour meter or disconnected it.

Who only puts 140hrs on a Ferris IS3000? Think about it. A 3000 is definetly a full commercial unit and 140 hrs seems wayyyyyyy too low.

llll

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

5. devnuts

devnuts LawnSite Member
    from CT

take it!!!

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Real good price if all of that is legit

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

8. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree rod father i live in them middle of walker nation and i have seen many homeowners around here that buy their own walker with the high lift just to mow thier own yard running about 14grand infact one of my customers has a walker with a high lift he mows on wed and hires me to come on sat to mow edge and weedeat must be nice to have the much money, now if i could only find one of those home owner walkers with about 140 hours but i never seem to happen on to deals like that