2005 Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michindi, Jun 23, 2005.

1. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Does anybody have the new Husqvarna ztr? Im looking at those and a scag. THe new husqvarna comes with the new kawasaki KAI V-twin 17hp 48'. I guess thats a new engine so I really dont know much about the it or the quality of husqvaran. The dealer is pushing me to buy this over the scag because it has a better warnty they scag. TIA

2. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

You are lucky that I was logged on today. I have struggled with the same type of question about a month ago. I decided to go with they 61 inch husky w/ 27 hp kohler. What a nightmare!!!!!! Out of the crate the mower was nothing but problems. The mower was apparently shipped without a baffle kit for the deck. What this means is that you eat a whole of grass as you are cutting, also the mower did not cut even and left real bad lines where the front castors were. This is due to their newly designed deck.

Huqvarnas answer to the problem was to give me a new machine, well guess what same old same old, just like the first machine, but worse. The only thing that has been good about the whole experience is that i have gotten my money back.

P.s. Make sure that your dealer can get parts. I was told that I would have to wait a month for three sets of blades. What is something major goes wrong guess I would have had to wait a year for the part. Please learn from my mistake DO NOT TAKE THE HUSQVARNA ROUTE!!!!! :angry:

3. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Wow that sucks...Why would my dealer say that they are as good as scag? I cant figure that out The Husq. is for $5500 and the scag tiger is $6100.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I have heard to many stories about them. All about the decks baffles and an overall crappy cut. IMO they don't come near a scag hustlers are nice as well.

5. ROCKYM

ROCKYM LawnSite Member

Dont Get A Husquvarna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More Problems With Mine Than I Ever Care To Remember.

6. Armando Conti

Armando Conti LawnSite Member

Anyone who can afford the price of the Husky can certainly spend the small amount more for the Scag. If not, whether homeowner or businessman, you'd be next door to bankrupcy. So spend the tiny amount more and get an absolutely class brand, the Scag. There are not 1/10th the horror stories about Scag, Exmark, Ferris, Wright COMBINED as the number of stories about Husky. Class brands become class brands for a reason......and it's never luck or color!

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Here we go again. I work pt for a husq dealer. I could of gotten same mower your looking at for 4650. I went with a toro instead because even at 1350 more its twice the machine. Now husq 2 strokes and saws have served me well and no complaints there. Their ztrs just aint the quaility of some of the other machines out there. He is pushing you to buy the husq probably because he can't sell it. We have had 3 sitting here for over a year and just sold one at cost just to unload it.

On another note 17hp is barley adequate and will bog like hell if you get into anything over 5 inches high. Do yourself a favor and go with something more proven. Exmark toro scag gravely etc and you should be a happy camper.

I would really check out a toro tho. 6 grand can take a 48in 19 and mines been absolutly awsome

8. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

When I was ZTR shopping 3 months ago. I asked the LCO that does my neighbors yard" How do u like your husq ZTR?" He said ," Worst mistake I ever made!" glad I asked.

9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The cut of Hus....or whatever stinks, machine never knows what stripe mean and a built so-so product. If you want quality mower, eXmark, Toro (turbo deck), Hustler, and Ferris, or Scag and Wright, they are damm good at cutting.

10. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the info. Im going to look more into scag, gravely, and hustler. Im leaning towards scag because the dealer is closer then the other two