2005 Nh LS 170 Boom Loose or Normal?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Evanscontracting, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Evanscontracting

Evanscontracting LawnSite Member

I just purchased a my skid steer with 580 hrs on it. Are new hollands known for so much bucket sway? The bucket and boom just seems really loose compared to other machines that I have run. If you take the controls and move left to right boomed down it bangs into the sides realy easy. Let me know
    Thanks Roger

2. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

No, I don't think it should have that much play in it. I would check the bushings in the arms and joints. If it was kept outside, the rubber may have gotten messed up, causing more than usual play.

3. Evanscontracting

Evanscontracting LawnSite Member

Yeah it got really bad after I greased everything the second time dont know if that could of done it. Are the bushings a big pain in the ass to replace or is it something I need to have serviced

4. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

New hollands bushings seem to be there only weak link. Our 99 LX665 machine had to have new ones at 1500 hours and is ready for them again right now. at 2800 hours. I don't think you can change them your self if they are that badly worn. Ours had to be cut out and then re-welded with upsized bushings. I think has been the only serious problem we have ever had.