2005 Northeast rates

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ztoro, Apr 1, 2005.

1. uspw

uspw LawnSite Member

Mansfield. I get pinebark for $18. This will be my third year at this rate. No complaints thus far. Got the rate basis on LawnSite. $75/yd includes everything soup-to-nuts.

2. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

Gene,

I saw it in the pennysaver. I assume it's Westfield.

3. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I add $5.00 to the price per yard for mulch and then I double that for the install. So if I pay 17 a yard for some black root mulch I charge 22 for the mulch and 22 per yard for the install. Oh if I have to have it delivered the customer pays for that also. It works for me.

4. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

$65 per yard includes delivery, bed edging, application of SnapShot, install, and clean-up. I usually get mulch for around $12 per yard.

Brian

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Same as Battags!! I can't believe guys would do it for $18 a yard, thats crazy, cheapest I can get it for is $18 unless I buy from a wholesaler at 65 yds per shot.

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Reading this I would have to say that edging , dethatching and debris cleanup are an additional charge to your spring cleanup?

7. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

What are you saying? Do you include those in the price?

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I am asking...For $22 above his mulch costs I would hope not.

Even if I didn't have to edge the beds my pricing would be higher than that.

9. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

That's a good thing. I am sick of hearing customers saying they can get mulch for like $18-$22 a yard. I am charging roughly $60 and that is for delivery and install only no prep work! :waving:

10. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

SAME HERE

BTW I buy topsoil from a local farmer for $3.00 a yard loaded 7 a yard delivered