2005 Part-time Earnings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lauder Landscaping, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Lauder Landscaping

Lauder Landscaping LawnSite Member

My earnings this year came in at $26,000.00 working about 28 hours per week. How well does that compare to some of you out there? I am in the Northeast and landscape part-time

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Depends...what were your total expenses for the year?

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I made about $16,000 on 17 hours of work per week.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

was that net?

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Like many have said "what's the net?" it doesn't matter if you made 50k if your expenses were 45k. But it sounds pretty good for a 8 month season.

6. jtkplc

no, gross, sorry I forgot to say which...my net wasn't much to brag about. It was about $7500 after figuring all of my expenses, business and non-business through the end of the year. During 2005, I bought a new mower and paid that off and also leased a truck. I also bought many other things that were not business related that would not be a normal, yearly purchase. This year's projected numbers are gross $34,000 and net $18,000.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

not you inpaticular, but thats netting less then 50% of the gross, is this normal.... im pretty shure i tried to figure all expenses......

27,000 gross 19,000 net... am i doing something wrong????

8. jtkplc

One question, when you mean net, do you mean just for the business or for all expenses you have, house payment, car payment, food, etc? I figure in for my budget everything, business and non-business and those are the numbers I'm talking about. So my net number is what I have in savings, left over after all of my year's expenses are taken out.

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

im not counting personal expenses in my business math... i draw a salary and my personal expenses are paid from that , not the business account

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No offense sir, but it would appear you're missing some costs.

Technically, 27k gross should net around 9k, after all expenses.

An example of a cost which can be missed is upgrading / replacing equipment, cost which isn't immediately apparent, or for a particular year.