2005 super z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TNWS, Jun 2, 2005.

1. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

I am going to buy a super z, so what changes have they made on the 2005 models ? I want to make sure i'm getting an 05 not 03 / 04 model !!

Thanks,
    TNWS

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No changes really, if it has a gray seat then your current.
    Availability is so tight on product, that sometimes your dealer has units that could of came off the production line just a week or 2 earlier.

Pj

3. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

The gentleman i was talking to about the super z ( a commerical mower ) said make sure it had the new style deck, he also said you could see the gas in the tank. Is this true ?

TNWS

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I believe you get a larger discharge chute cut out for better grass dispersion as well with the 05.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

True, units produced since early this year, full frame Hustler Z's and Super Z's, have a wider discharge opening and different blade set up, but these changes can be made to any units we have produced with the full frame (non-mini's).
    As far as the tanks are concerned, there are a limited amount of new units coming off the production line with a new style tank, with a see through sight line fuel gage on each tank, I am told this set up will not retrofit back.

Pj

6. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

My dealer brought out a super z today for me to demo in my own yard / just loved it. He left to go back to the dealer ship but before he got there i called his cell ph and told him i would take it.

I am getting the one on the show room floor which has the new deck and the new style gas tanks. He's delivering it monday but i get to use the demo until then.

One draw back i've seen is when i mow on the crown by the road ditch it wants to scalp the grass. Will lowering the wheels on the front of the deck solve this problem ? I can raise the deck up one notch / it helps quit abit but thats a pain in the butt. Anyway I can't wait until monday when I get my own super zzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!

TNWS

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Adjust your anti scalp wheels, that will help.
    With the newer style deck you can also bolt on 2 more wheels on the underside of the deck, the holes are already there, all you need to do is buy the wheels and hardware (identical to whats on the front of your deck.
    This will help also.

Pj

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Oh yeah... forgot to mention.....
    Welcome to the Hustler family!!!!
    Let me know when your going to host the family reunion... I am getting hungry!
    Pj

9. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

I got my new hustler yesterday ( monday ) morning and it's a dandy !!!

The bolt on wheels under the deck, are these holes torge the middle or on the out side like the ones in the front ?? If they go in the middle i will look into getting some.

TNWS

10. aussiegreg

aussiegreg LawnSite Member

G'day PJ

If the extra wheels are available to stop scalping, then why are they not fitted as standard??? Is there a bad point to having them fitted then??? If not they should be standard.

Greg