2006 6.0 Stroker bogging down

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Cuttinitclose, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

Just going down the road and it will start bogging down even with your foot is to the floor (trying to speed up). Not hitting brakes and not trying to shift.

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I guess im not getting this. Cuz it sounds like the tranny braking. While slowing, do you hit the pedal, and it doesnt go?? youre going to have to be detailed.

3. Cuttinitclose

Correct as it's bogging you put your foot to the floor and it keeps bogging. If you apply brakes and come to a complete stop it corrects itself. The driver is just steering and holding steady at 55-60 and it will start bogging.

4. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Sounds possibly like Turbo...Or could be injectors. Or tranny! Need to get a code reader on it. Thats the best way. Warranty?

5. Cuttinitclose

ok I will tell him. Should be bought it new 4yrs ago but i dont know much about fords warranties.

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

On an electronic engine, it could be anything. TXNS is right. It needs to be hooked up to a code reader.

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

It should be under warranty if its a 06, as long as it doesnt have over 100k.

8. Cuttinitclose

No, it dont have anywhere close to 100k. Thanks for your help.

9. LawnmastersMikejr

LawnmastersMikejr LawnSite Member

Reading the code would be best. I think AutoZone will scan it for free. You may also want to try changing the fuel filter.

10. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

if its bogging down when u accelerte it sounds like your egr is fubared and your turbo vanes r stuck, all typical n.o.p for a 6.0...